Finding the right kitchen worktop for your redesign or when upgrading your existing worktops is really important. One of the more popular materials to consider is quartz worktops, it comes in a variety of styles, is hardwearing and easy to maintain.
The worktop you choose will give your new kitchen a premium look and feel whilst elevating an existing one to a new level, here are our top ten benefits for choosing quartz:
1. Quartz worktops are a good investment for a long-lasting worktop. They contain 93% quartz stone and 7% resin making them strong, hardwearing and durable.
2. Resistant to chips or cracks. If you are prone to dropping things onto your worktops or have lots of people using the kitchen, you will be delighted to know that quartz is resistant to chips and cracks.
3. A naturally scratch resistant worktop but mind your Diamond ring as this is only one of three other natural minerals that can scratch it!
4. Quartz is heat resistant, but you should still use a trivet or hot pad when putting hot pots or pans on the worktop.
5. Quartz offers a virtually maintenance free kitchen worktop, which is perfect for busy families. Each day clean the worktop using a soft cloth, warm water and a bit of surface cleaner or antibacterial detergent. Rinse with warm water and dry it using a soft cloth.
6. They’re non-porous and therefore it does not need to be sealed to maintain its resistance to moisture or staining.
7. The resins in quartz worktops makes it highly resistant to staining. Prevent them from building up by cleaning any spills immediately.
8. Keep those germs at bay! The resins in quartz makes it non-porous, which also means it is less susceptible to harbouring bacteria.
9. Customise your worktops - designs can be adapted to styles and trends which can be tailored to your preference.
10. A wide range of colours and finishes helps you to design a bespoke kitchen that excites you every time you walk through the door.
How to keep your quartz kitchen worktops looking their best
Even with all of the above benefits of quartz worktops, there are still things that you can do to maintain its appearance. Keep it clean by wiping down work surfaces regularly, use chopping boards, hot pads or trivets for hot pans, cake tins and pots. By looking after your quartz worktop it will keep it looking beautiful for years to come and you will be delighted with your choice.
For you to create your bespoke, premium kitchen look and feel in October we are offering a free upgrade to quartz from standard worktops!
Find out more by talking to our award winning design team about designing your kitchen, and the various patterns and colours available for quartz worktops by calling 01384 262710.
With nearly 40 years of experience under our belt, here at Aristocrafts Kitchens & Bedrooms, we are proud to offer a fantastic range of luxury fitted kitchens, bedrooms and home studies to suit every taste and budget.
Our team of award-winning designers have created a rich selection of high-quality products and styles, ranging from timeless classics to contemporary solutions. Explore our range below to find your perfect kitchen, bedroom or study, today.
Prefer to meet us in person? Come to see us in one of our kitchen showrooms near you - we have local showrooms in Merry Hill, Solihull and Sutton Coldfield.